Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

34 weeks

Since this is my scrapbook/journal I am trying to keep it updated as much as possible! So this post will be a little boring and there wont be any pictures, I have my camera in my bag ready to go!!

We had kyles birthday on Sunday, my family came over and cooked his favorite breakfast, stuffed french toast! Then we had his family come down and kyle got to cook them hamburgers, i was no help with anything this year so i guess ill have to make him something really good next year!

My poor Grace woke up last Thursday with a horrible cough so i rushed her to the doctor to get her on a antibiotic just in case the twins came but the doctor told me that it was just allergy's.
So after Thursday to Sunday of only getting worst and running a fever i decided i would just make Dr. Chamberlain look at her when i had my appointment on Monday. I didn't get to take her to see the doctor so Nancy took her for me and got her on a antibiotic and she is feeling so much better now, thank goodness!

Monday we woke up to do the normal Monday thing, NST at 10 and Dr. Chamberlain at 1:30, but it didn't work out that way this Monday!
I got to my NST, oh how boring those are, both the babies looked good and the water in the sacks were good, but i was having contractions pretty regularly, (I thought they were braxton hicks). So off to labor and delivery they ship me, i got hooked up to the monitors, had 3 tests done and had to be checked, the funnest thing of being pregnant. After all of this they decided i was dilated to a 2 and was in preterm labor. They gave me a shot to try and stop the labor and that did nothing but make me shake! After talking to the doctor and running around not telling me much of what was going on, they move me to my own room and told me to get comfortable. They started to give me pills that were suppose to stop the labor but all they did was speed it up! The doctor came in and told me i would be there at least till they could stop my labor or till the girls were born! Kyle had to take my poor sick Grace home then rushed back to the hospital to spend the night there with me! All day Monday the contractions were there and so they just watched me and told me to wait, and that's what we did. Tuesday morning they checked me and i was to a 3+ and having contractions one right after the other every two minutes, so they stopped the pills and decided to just let me go and see what happened. They let me off the monitor and my IV to shower and go for a little walk and told me that in 14 to 16 hours the babies would be here. After my shower and walk they had all the doctors come talk to me and the nurse tell us about the NICU, i was scared to death because she told us the babies could be there for 2 to 4 weeks and that's a long time. we got everything signed and were just waiting for the babies to tell us when they were coming. After about a hour the contractions slowed and slowly left to one about every 15 minutes and continued on like that till now! Tuesday was a very long day of waiting to see if something was going to happen and putting up with a crazy nurse who reminded me alot of Hitler! I was very stressed cause i wanted to keep them in as long as i could but i did not want to sit in the hospital with a IV and the monitor hooked up to me waiting. So we waited and waited and nothing more happened so Wednesday they checked me and i was still at a 3+, they did a ultra sound and finally told me what was going on!
Something, we are still not sure what put, me into labor, then both the babies decided that they were going to try and move into the birth canal at the same time. When my uterus would contract, instead of doing it above the babies to push them out the were going below the babies and pushing them higher. If the contractions would have kept going they would have had to do a emergency C-section. They said the pills must have slowed my labor down enough to relax there little home in my belly and give the babies some room so baby B flipped head up. It is still ok and i can still have them normal it will just be a little harder with "B" head up!
After 47 hours sitting with all the cords hooked up to me, a IV, a horrible bed, having to ask to go to the bathroom, and nothing to do but wait, they let me go home. I am now on bed rest but i would take that any day instead of being in the hospital. I go back Monday to see all the doctors and to see if everything is still going good, hopefully they will not be keeping me this time!
If i can just make it till the end of next week when i will be close to 35 weeks the babies will be good and not have to spend to much time in the NICU. I am feeling really good, i just don't get off the couch much and that's really hard for me, but when i start to go crazy i just think back to the hospital and I'd much rather be on my couch! Hopefully Monday they tell me i can do a little more, but if they don't i only have to sit around and be lazy for about another week.

This will probably be my last post till the girls are here, i think i am ready, i am just hoping that the girls are both ready too! I hope that this post just isn't rambling, i have no brain left!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jessica! What an ordeal. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that but so happy that the babies are doing well and you too. I can't wait until you have them. They are going to be so cute. You are one strong girl! Good luck with everything. You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess Im so excited for these two little girls to come but try your hardest to keep them in there a little longer :) Sorry you had to go through all that hospital crap that is definitely the JOYS of being pregnant. When your ready to have them, their not ready to come but when their ready you better be ready no matter what huh??? Im so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are home for now...I agree with you that hospitals are no fun to be in. Just a little more time on bedrest and then those sweet girls will be here! Just relax, and know that everything will all work out! Both Garen and Jayden had to spend time in the NICU (Garen, 5 days and Jayden, 10). Although it isn't the funnest place to spend the days, I was so grateful for the NICU nurses and doctors. They are all so wonderful, knowledgable, and know just how to calm anxious mothers down :) You guys are in our prayers, and if you need anything, I am here girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it. I am so sorry that you had to stay in the hospital for a few days but at least they let you go home huh? Just keep those babies in there for a little while longer! You are awesome and are going to be the best mom for 2 babies ever! You should have called me to bring you over something exciting when you were in the hospital.. I will be expecting a text sometime soon when those babies come! I will bring you some good food so you don't have to eat that hospital stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting your chicken roll ups ready for the oven!!
    OH and I'm sorry again for freaking out yesterday.. you don't have to call me before you take a nap.. he he!!
    See you this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a crazy time!!! EEK... I'm so glad you were able to keep them in though and get the contractions to stop! I went into early labor as well... it's NOT fun getting strapped into all the machines knowing you're probably going home without a baby :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. boy these babies better appreciate all you are doing for them!
    good luck for the next while in bed. he he.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica, You are doing awesome! My Doctor use to tell me when I would start getting bored on bed rest to just remember that every day they are in your belly is like 2-3 days in the NICU.. I would definately rather be bored to death than sitting in the NICU watching moniters all day! Keep it up! It will all be here before you know it! I can't believe that you have kept them in as long as you have since you are so tiny. One of my friends that is about your size had her twins at 31 weeks.. So you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails