Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My first REAL cake!

Well i finished my first REAL cake today!! One of my dads friends asked me to make this cake for his dads birthday! I actually made a cake for someone that i am not related to, it is really scary! I think it turned out really well though.
He wanted the hammer that is passed between Mesquite and Moapa for football games on it and that turned out really well. The cake, white cake with strawberries and cream cheese filling and butter cream icing turned out to be really good and kyle even liked it, he doesnt really like cake! I put it all together and did the finishing touches and it still looked really good, then i put it in the box and holy cow, it CRACKED! I got it repaired and it looks good again, but holy cow it was stressful!
I really love to make cakes it is so stress relieving even though it is stressful, i kinda get lost when i am doing it! One of my friends from high school just asked me to make her wedding cake so I better get really good fast!
Anyways i thought i would share a picture of the finished product!I didnt spell it wrong, it really is "happy birthday howd"

6 comments:

  1. jess, that is so good! how do you do it? really, I really want to know how you made that hammer!! I am so impressed with your abilities to make cakes, you have gotten really good! and a wedding cake! that is exciting! before you know it, you are going to have a business going! anyway good job and i hope i decide soon what i am going to do about this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess that looks amazing!!!!! Your so good! And I am not afraid of people in costumes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jess I'll remember that you make cakes if Zach ya know ever pops the question!!!! JK Anyway good job you do awesome work. I dont even cook so I wouldn't know the first thing about baking a cake. Anyway I really dont care what we have at the BBQ just start up a list of BBQ stuff. No one is really picky Im just excited to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am so impressed. You are really good at that! Do you ever watch Ace of Cakes? I love it. You should open a shop like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is fantastic!!! you're amazing!! i'm trying my hand at my first cake as well... doing one of the Backyardagain characters for coen's 3rd bday!!! i'm terrified to take this project on... but it will be great!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at making cakes. I could never do anything like that! You should really start up a business. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails