Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving!

This year we decided that we were going to stay home for Thanksgiving!


Our kitchen is little and so the day before I cooked about everything to make it easier for Thanksgiving day!


I decided to go all Betty Crocker this year and made homemade butter, honey cinnamon butter, cranberry sauce, ranch, real potatoes, and scratch pumpkin, pecan, cherry, and apple pie, even the crust!


We woke up and watched the Macy's day parade, the girls thought that we were going to a parade, so they were kinda bummed when it was just on TV! But they danced and sang and thought it was fun to watch on TV.
I remember watching it every year growing up, so it is always something I enjoy!


The girls helped me put out veggy's, crackers, deviled eggs, chips, and our drink. They spent most of the day around that table! They ate and ate!! 


Kyle has took up trapping and so he spent time out making crap for that new hobby!


When the turkey was done we ate more! Everything turned out really good, except if you ask Alaynna! She helped me make the sweet potatoes, and I told her how much she use to love them! So she got a big spoonful and stuck it in her mouth, but they must not have tasted as good as they use to. She started gagging and crying, then finally spit them all back up into a napkin and then ran to the bathroom to spit the rest out! I thought it was funny, she didn't!














After cleaning up dinner, we went for a walk around the block! They girls ran the whole way!


Since it was so nice outside, we played in the yard till it got dark!


Then when the girls started driving us crazy we got out the board games and played them till we ate pie!


When I put the girls to bed, they all said what a good day it had been and that they loved thanksgiving! I think that means it was a good day!


We missed all the family, but honestly this was the least stressful holiday that I have had in, well forever, and I really enjoyed just being with the girls and Kyle!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails