Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

update

Every year when school starts and summer is over, I think life will slow down, get back to normal, but it doesn't
This year more than ever it feels like we are always running somewhere or doing something. With all the girls in school I thought I would get more done, but I haven't felt very good and have been going to the doctor every Monday.

Last Monday I went and seen Dr. Wu and had my blood test done.
I was SO nervous all week, but just tried to not think about it.
On Thursday morning, 9:00 AM, on the dot I called to get me results, and left a message.
They are really good to call back quickly, but not this day. As the day went on, I worked myself up more and more, cried all morning, and pretty sure made myself sicker.
In July my number was 44, "normal" is 38 and under.

My number on Monday was 22,
half of what it was and way below "normal"!!
My potassium and calcium was low, and my white count was a little elevated.
I am suppose to drink orange juice every morning and make sure to take all my supplements. 
I dont have to go back and see Dr. Wu till January. I am happy about that, but at the same time it scares me. That's 4 months of not being reassured that I am ok.
But that just means that I should be moving forward.

I went to Dr. Annes office the same day and got the go ahead to start expanding again. She is going to go slow at first and make sure my skin can take it.
Radiation ruins your skin. It can take 3 to 4 months before your skin is back in good shape, (I hope it doesnt take that long for mine to bounce back, but it is what it is.)
I have one spot that she is kinda worried about, but she has lots of options for me.
I just need to be patient she says....

I have also have had a kidney infection that really got me down. I got into alot of trouble by Dr. Wu for waiting so long, but I really dont enjoy going to doctors more that I have to.
I got on a really strong antibiotic and after 3 days I finally feel better. I think I learned my lesson this time and will go in earlier next time.

The one thing that I still am having a hard time with is how tired I get.
It seems like I feel good one day and so I think I should do everything I can, and I make jelly, clean the house, rake leaves, and other things that dont really need to be done. Then it takes me 3 days to recuperate, and it starts over.

My hair is getting long, it is coming in curly and grey.
It is thinner than it was,
but I guess at least I have hair.

Some days, like today, I wish this last year would have never happened and life was like it was, including my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails