Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

finishing the updates...

 Now that summer has hit the Valley and no one leaves the house till dark, our tomatoes burnt up. It was a happy day for me! After lots of canning i was not one bit sad to see them die!


 Plus with them gone, my watermelons have plenty of room to move and grow!


Since the twins were newborns, I have been going to get their ears pierced. But I still can remember when I made Steph hold Grace down so we could get hers done and I just dont like making the kids cry for no reason! With that being said, Grandma Nancy gave the girls money to get them done for their birthdays way back in April, So Tuesday we loaded up and went to St. George!!!



The day before I asked both the girls if they wanted them done and they both said yes, I told them that it would hurt. Grace decided to elaborate and at breakfast I heard her tell them this story, "When I was a little baby I got my ear pierced, and let me tell you, it hurt, it hurt bad little sisters, I cried, and cried, are you sure you guys want your ears to be pretty like mine?"


Even after her story the girls still wanted them done!
I decided that Alaynna would cry the most so she would go first, then the plan was to go out and go one way while Nancy and Addison went in so the girls could not talk and tell each other how bad it hurt!



But Alaynna didnt really cry at all, she had a sucker and it kept her mind off of it! When it was Addisons turn, she flinched while they were cleaning her ears and then we they got them in she cried and sobbed pretty much till she fell asleep in the car!
They both really do love their "pretties" and I am glad that I waited to do the them!

This is one of our pumpkin plants, It was growing out into the road so we had to train it to grow back into the yard!

After shopping and finding some pretty good deals, Nancy took Grace with her to Cedar to have a sleepover and Grace seemed to have alot of fun on her little vacation! But I was sure glad to have her home, when she is gone I realize how much she helps!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute garden. I wish I had a green thumb.
    Your little ones look so adorable in their earrings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails