On 11/12/13 Kyle and I celebrated 8 years of being married!
3 kids
4 moves,
16+ cats,
1 fat,old, dog,
lots of laughs,
Some crying,
Some yelling,
Lots of fun trips,
and Lots of happiness,
in this last 8 years!
It feels like yesterday and forever ago at the same time! I defiantly don't think I could have found someone who fits me more perfectly than Kyle or that would put up with me! He drives me crazy, make me want to smother him in his sleep, makes me laugh so hard I cry, makes me feel comfortable and confident, and gave me 3 beautiful girls, I guess I will keep him around for at least 8 more years!
With only being married 8 years , I don't think that's enough time to give advise, maybe when you hit 25 years of marriage then you can give advise, I have learned/think a few things...
* Who ever said Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, knew what they were talking about! Men and Woman could not be more different!
* Facebook statues that say how much they love their husband, I feel like they have to put it on there to tell themselves how much they love them. They probably woke up contemplating on if they could bury the body.
* Marriage is not a fairy tale, its not easy, and its alot of work. If you think different, one day you are going to be hit with a ton of bricks and have a "holy shit" moment!
* If your having a hard time in your marriage and think that bringing another human being into the world will help you, you are crazy! Kids make stuff alot harder, they are wonderful, but make life harder.
* It takes 2 to make a marriage great and it takes 2 to make it bad.
* Marriage is all about compromising and you can't just do what you want and think about what you need, it just doesn't work when you do.
* Sometimes it is best to just bite your tongue when your husband makes the bed, does the dishes, sweeps, "right" and just think to yourself "at least he is helping, at least he is helping, at least he is helping!"
* Sometimes the best way to solve a fight, is to just go to the bedroom!


I love this. That is awesome marriage advice!!
ReplyDeleteI also agree with how you feel about Kyle. I could describe my feelings for Brent the same way. I couldn't live without him, but I could also choke him!!