Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

500 posts! and my Big deer!

I had 2 deer tags this year, one Utah muzzle loader that I was not looking forward to, and my Nevada rifle tag that I was a little more excited about.
But hunting with young girls is hard and I really don't like to leave them for more than a night, it is usually harder than it has to be.
Even after alot of complaining from me, and me being sick, we decided that we would leave the girls with Nancy and then go up to Alamo for the first night.


We left Wednesday after Kyle got home, I pulled the trailer and Kyle followed me in the 4-runner! We found a little camping spot and then went to bed knowing that morning comes early when you are hunting! 


We really didn't expect to see anything there in Alamo, but we still went for a ride. After awhile of only seeing cows, a big deer ran up a mountain and caught up with his friend. So after talking about it, we decided to chase him.
We for real hiked up a mountain about a mile, and couldn't see any sign of deer. So then we hiked down and decided we would go up to a different spot where we knew we could at least could see a few deer! 


We got there about noon so we had lunch and set up the trailer. Then it was hot and we were bored so we decided to go to our spot to see if we could see anything in the spotting scope.
So at 3:18PM we got into the 4-runner, I was defiantly not  expecting to see any deer out. We got about a mile down the road, turned a corner and a buck and a few does were standing in the middle of the road.


Kyle yelled to me to get out, get the gun, get the shooting sticks, and I just don't work fast, So Kyle grabbed everything and told me to sit down and shoot!
So I did!! 


He didn't run to far and he was right off the side of the road!
To say I was happy is an understatement! It was a super fast, really easy, short hunt, but really it went so much better than I thought it would! And even though I am so happy and proud, I am pretty sure Kyle is more happy and more proud!

I also have now shot a bigger deer than all of Kyles brothers and my dad, Kyle has me beat but only by a few inches!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails