I got home last night.
It was so wonderful to be home. The only good thing about the hospital was the morphine drip. The rest of the hospital stay was just terrible. We had a few stupid nurses and half of the equipment didn't work. I hope to NEVER go back to desert springs hospital, ever again.
I am very sore.
The worst part is my armpits, where Dr. Anne took lympnodes, it is a hurt I never hope to have again.
In 3 days, I got 3 ivs, 1 went bad and my hand is so swollen, and I had blood drawn 3 times. I look like a pin cushion!
My blood pressure was very low so I had to be put on lots of fluid and was so dizzy, but surgery went very well and with all things considered I am doing great!
Emotion wise, I feel good.
I feel like the cancer is for the most part, out if my body. That alone makes the pain worth it.
I haven't seen myself yet, I have bandages wrapped around everything. Dr. Anne said my chest will match my hair cut, I'll look 14 everywhere!!!
I am scared to see the damage, but it will be awhile till I see it, that's probably a good thing.
I have 4 drains, 2 on each side. Kyle is my nurse and drains them for me. He is driving me crazy cause he wont let me do anything. But I am pretty worthless and cant do a whole lot anyways.
I am scared to see the damage, but it will be awhile till I see it, that's probably a good thing.
I have 4 drains, 2 on each side. Kyle is my nurse and drains them for me. He is driving me crazy cause he wont let me do anything. But I am pretty worthless and cant do a whole lot anyways.
Great news, maybe a little to much information, but she saved my nipples. She said I won't have a ton of scars cause she hid them well, so someday soon I'll have a great looking chest.
Was it worth all this shit?
No, not even a little bit!
There were so many people wearing pink, and sending prayers, love, and good thoughts, and I could feel it. I am not feeling all that social able or all that great so I'll probably be shuting my phone off and locking my doors for the next few days. But I feel so thankful to have all the love and support!

You're really the bravest person ever! I hope you're doing fine! :) How are your kids?
ReplyDelete