Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tis the season

We have been busy here this month getting into the Christmas spirit!
I have really been trying to do more activities this year, I only got a few gifts to put in our advent box and the rest we have been doing fun activities, and the girls have loved it!
We have....
hung Christmas lights
color1ed Christmas pictures
wrapped presents
painted fingernails
made a Christmas craft
made snowflakes
Christmas dance party
snowman spa night
went and looked at Christmas lights

The girls just bounce off the walls and are SO excited for Christmas.
This year Alaynna wants a frozen dress and high heels,
Addison wants cowgirl stuff, a hat and lasso, and
Grace would maybe like some battery's for all her toys she already has, but after a few weeks of thinking she would kinda like an American girl doll so she could dress her cute and do her hair.

They are at very fun ages this year. Grace is still really excited, but acts "cool" and pretends like she isn't all in to it. I have really tried to enjoy this year with the kids and not stress out, (I have stressed out, but not as bad as normal).
We all cant wait for Christmas to get here (and to be over).
A small house and Christmas decorations don't mix well!! 






For the last few years, a little elf named Ren shows up at our house at the beginning of December.
The girls LOVE him. They wake up and run around looking to see where he hides and if hes done anything fun. (He doesn't do anything big and doesn't do to many funny things).
I also love him, I love that they girls still believe in magic, I want them to stay little for as long as I can.
I dont think Ren takes anything away from the Christmas spirit at the house.
We still sing silent night, away in a manger, oh come all ye faithful.
We talk about how Christmas is Jesus's birthday and what he did for us.
Grace and I have been reading a little from the bible at nights. 

When I think back to Christmases growing up I think of the "reindeer" that was in our garage, Jerrica always hearing bells, making cookies for Santa, sneaking out Christmas eve and holding our presents by the heater trying to guess what they were, The elementary school program, and midnight mass (that was rarely at midnight) on Christmas eve. We had Santa and all that magic right there along with Jesus, I always knew that Christmas was because of Jesus.
So we have an elf, the girls love him, and we have Jesus and know the true meaning of Christmas,
just FYI!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails