Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter Garden

Today when i should have been putting up some Christmas decorations or cleaning my home or doing something else that has been on my "to do" list, i helped Kyle plant some Peas and Carrots in the garden!

When i say "helped" I really told him where i wanted things planted and how i thought it should be done.

I did put seeds in the holes that he dug, but really he is about as obsessive compulsive as i am so sometimes it is just easier to watch him and say i am helping instead of actually helping!


On his days off last week he planted some cauliflower,


and some broccoli.
We have quite a bit so if it does good I told him i was going to set up a little vegetable stand out front!
Or maybe just take it around to the neighbors!!!

 These are our peas. They dont look like much now, but just wait a few weeks we will have more peas than we know what to do with!

This is the carrots and we really went over board with the seeds cause they are tiny and so we will probably have to thin them out, alot!


Now i just need to find or make some cute vegetable markers and we will be good for awhile! 

Also this week Kyle made it into the paper for his beautiful sheep that he killed, right HERE!

The paper got it a little wrong so to set the record straight, 

It wasnt luck that Kyle found the sheep, it was all skill!!! 
AND... I was not giving Kyle a hard time about this wonderful hunt, I would never do that!!!!!!

But I was proud of my little hunter husband for making into the paper!


2 comments:

  1. don't worry. the paper usually gets a lot of things wrong!

    can't wait to eat, ahem, i mean, see your vegetable garden. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cool. We planted about 1% of what we should've this year. Loved reading the article in the paper.. oh the Progress.. so when is the next hunt start?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails