After being in Marysvale for 2 weeks, then catching up with laundry and other house stuff, then packing, My mom and I were off on a red eye, my first plane ride since 7th grade.
I did have a few major panic attacks, the first one while driving in, threw the tunnel to the air port, (i dont like tunnels) I think my mom also had one cause she thought we were going to crash! We got there plenty early, checked our bags, and then went to our gate to wait. I was to nervous to read or eat, or do anything but look for suspicious bags left alone, suspicious looking people, and thinking of a game plane IF something were to happen on the plane. I really wanted to bring my tripod as a carry on just in case we got hijacked we could hit the person over the head with it and then re take over the plane, (do you think I have some problems??) But everyone I told said I was crazy and to just take a Valium!
So after getting on the plane, locating the closest exit, going over all safety precautions, and having another panic attack, we started to take off, and oh my
Sleeping on a plane is pretty much impossible, so i took this time have a nice long chat with God and look at the clouds below and the lights so very far away. We got to Detroit and had a short layover then back on to a plane, the 2nd ride was not to bad and it was only about 45 minutes! Then we were there, on the other side of the country! My dad was not to far behind us so Joey and Jerrica picked us all up and off to Joeys moms home we went!!!
After meeting Tonia (Joeys Mom), Rikki Jo, Meagan (sisters), and Luke (Brother) and my mom taking a nap, We were off to decorate. I was pretty worthless cause I was SO tired after our red eye so I just watched! People were decorating, Joey was being groomzilla, there were people making food in the kitchen, everyone was just busy busy, except me, my mom, and dad!
They shipped Jerricas dress, the cake, and a few other things that needed to get there friday afternoon and luckily they did just in time! Joey was there to get the box that had fragile and this side up, stamped on it, but it was the wrong side down and the cake had a few minor breaks, but nothing that was unfixable!
After lots of decorating, laughing, talking and getting to know Jerricas new family, My dad and I were off to our
We got back to the place and finished up a few things before we went to get ready!
Since the only one of us that can curl hair is Jerrica, the bride, we made an assembly line. I did help a little bit, but burned my fingers so bad that my hand was kinda useless. After a few hours and 4 womens hair and makeup and 2 little girls hair, we were all off to get our dresses on and pictures taken!
The photographer got some really cute pictures of Jerrica while getting her dress on, she looked just as pretty as the weekend before, I guess it helps that she is just a really pretty girl!
The dads were late to get dressed and late to get pictures done, so we were all melting in the humidity, but we got it done and got a few good pictures too. Since Jakell couldnt make it back, next time Jerrica comes to my house we are going to do some Photoshopping and make Jakell "be there" with us!
When everyone started to show up for dinner, I of course didnt know anyone, but everyone back there made me, my mom, and my dad all feel really welcomed, I really was so impressed at how nice everyone was. I even got told I looked 17, and well thats about the best compliment I have gotten in years!!!
This is my absolutely most favorite picture of the whole two weddings, I think there faces are priceless, I for real might print this off and put it on my wall!!!!
I had so much fun getting to know Jerricas new family, watching everyone dance, (even the grandmas (till she fell)), eating the best stuffed peppers and baked beans I have ever tasted and getting to spend some time with Khole!
My dad and I had a fight out at 4 in the morning so we decided that we better get back to the house and try and sleep for a few hours. After a few mishaps, losing my phone charger, loud thunder, and just being worried about missing our flight, we were up and getting ready to go to the airport. We all decided the best thing to do would to have us take a car and leave it at the airport then no one would have to get up to take us. The only bad thing about that is that we had NO IDEA where to go. But have no fear, my phone has navigation. So after a few dirt roads, 1 one lane bridge, and 24 minutes of thinking we were lost and going to get ate up by some hillbilly's, we made it to the airport!!!!
We did get delayed about a half hour because of rain, but both my dad and I made our other flights. From Minneapolis to Vegas was bumpy and a full flight. I decided I get more car sick when I can see the ground. But going home I was to tired to have a full on panic attack and I just think I knew I was coming home and a plane was the only thing that was going to get me back!! The girls were so happy to see me and I was so happy I got a little break from them but I was even happier to see all there dirty little faces!!!!





wow you have been so so busy!!!! You did such an awesome job on Jerrica's cake!! I love all the cakes you have done!!! If you would have lived closer I would have love for you to have done mine!! Your girls are getting so big and so so cute!! Glad everything is going well!!
ReplyDeleteSo... I'm flying out to Boston next week, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only paranoid person! I'm kinda freaking out! I have flown 2 times in my life and both times my husband was with me, but this time I'm going solo. Wish me luck!
ReplyDelete