Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

9 Years

Kyle and I have been married 9 year, whatttt?!
That is almost a decade,
that is a long time!

In 9 years I can say that the good time outweigh the times when I have wanted to smoother him with a pillow while he sleep.
He is my best friend, and even though we both have aged, I still find him as sexy as ever! 
I am so glad we decided to put up with each other this long and I am pretty sure we are stuck with each other, cause no one else would put up with our weirdness!

I told Kyle I was going to write the story of how we met and fell in love (so that I can put it in my blog book).
I made him tell me his version, and lets just says his is way shorter than my version so I am going to write both!

Kyles version.....

Jessicas boyfriend left,
Kyle swept in,
and swept Jessica off her feet.

The End

That is a true story, but I include all the good details in my version!

My friend liked Kyle and had been texting him from my phone, so Kyle had my number.
I only really knew Kyle as Kadens older brother, so when Kadens older brother waved at me when he was leaving wallys and I was leaving tiffanys, I didn't think much of it.
But a few minutes later, a number I didn't have in my phone texted me and said "nice of you to wave back".
Of course I had to text back, and that started the random texting relationship, nothing much, just the occasional text about nothing important, that went on for a few months. It took him that long to get the courage up to ask me out.

On my graduation night, Kyle, who was there to watch Kaden graduate, just smiled and waved at me, thats the night I thought maybe I could like this guy!

I always had a boyfriend (or two!)  in high school, my senior year was no different. So when my boyfriend at the time left on the back east trip, Kyle really did not waste any time and asked me if I wanted to get a drink and go feed the fish.
I didnt really think that it would go anywhere, cause I may have always had a boyfriend, but I was not getting married, and I could tell Kyle was the marring type.

We talked forever, and Kyle doesnt talk!
On our way home, he asked if maybe I wanted to do it again only dinner next time?
I didn't hesitate and said YES. 
He later told me he was scared to ask me, cause he was sure I was going to say no.

Before he picked me up I remember telling my mom I was going out with him and said I really think if I start dating this guy, I will end up marring him. She thought I was talking about another Leavitt and told me I was crazy!

He came and picked me up and off to Los Lupes we went. We weren't ready to call it a night, so we rode to St. George and drove thru sonic and went and looked at new trucks!
(we were boring from the beginning!!)

After that night we've spent pretty much everyday together.
I broke up with my boyfriend(s), moved to St. George for like a month, we met in mesquite 2 or 3 times a week and I would go home on the weekends. After only a little bit, we knew we were going to get married so I moved back home and waited.

We would text all day, everyday, he would come and pick me up after work, and we would spend every weekend together. I don't know if I would say it was love at first sight, but it was pretty close!

Kyle has always made me feel safe, comfortable, and loved.
We are so much alike that it makes stuff harder and easier.
We love to tease each other, try and scare each other, and irritate each other.
This last year has been the hardest year of our lives, but it has brought us closer, we love each other differently, better!
After 9 years together, we have 3 beautiful daughters, an old dog, 5 chickens, 2 cats, and a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails